Wednesday 24 August 2011

Top three acne treatments at the moment

I have tried and tested many many products over the years in an attempt to deal with my troublesome skin. Since I was thirteen I have suffered with spots and have had various medicinal treatments from my GP, but there have been times where self help has worked.

My time and efforts over the years have made me a bit of an expert, and I have spent varying amounts of money on products.

The most expensive product which I use as a moisturiser is DECLEOR PROLAGENE GEL. This is a transparant green gel which works on the principal of repairing scars. Its supposed to be used on the body, but its gentle marine algae formula can be used right up to the lash line. I sometimes like to mix it up with another moisturiser to give it a boost. It can be used as an anti ageing serum too and I really adore the product. It can be pricey though at around £32 pounds. I get mine from sellers on ebay for lower, but I also have been known to get it from QVC at a good price.  Its a real hero product and I strongly recommend that if you have oily/sun damaged/acne prone/scarred/ageing skin, you slot this product into your routine. I LOVE IT!!!!

Secondly I have a slightly unusual spot treatment. Its MILK OR CREAM OF MAGNESIA, supposed to be good for stomach problems. This stuff is also a brilliant oil controling skin treatment. You can use this to dab on pimples, as a mask overnight, mix it with you moisturiser, your primer, or even a couple of drops in with your foundation. It drinks up any oil and helps heel blemishes. Its barely £3 which is fantastic, even cheaper if you get the chemists own brand.

The third and final recommendation is another steel, its SIMPLE OIL CONTROL MOISTURISER. This moisture lotion is great under make up or on its own. It creates a good base and controls the oil well, meaning that you should be able to go a good five hours without blotting your skin and getting oily. I love it because it feels very gentle and the price is awesome, just over a fiver.

These are just the things I am using at the moment, but I have a whole archive of stuff I use on a loop, from natural remedies to high end treatments that cost a far prettier penny. I'll share them in a later blog.

Thanks xx













No comments:

Post a Comment