Sunday 12 April 2015

DIY body wrap.

So tonight, I'm lying down, typing away while the tv is on in my darkened bedroom. My boyfriend is at his home playing with his toys, in his case it's his electric guitars. So I am doing what I tend to do when the chance takes me, and that's either makeup brush cleaning, playing with makeup, watching makeup or beauty videos on YouTube or reading about skin conditions like what I have (psoriasis and acne). I also have gained a bit of weight in the last few years so I am constantly looking at ways to help look after myself, my health and my body. 

Tonight is no exception and on this occasion, I am looking into the truth about body wraps and if they really do give any results. After looking at a few blogs, tweets, and you tubers, I've decided to take the best of the bunch and do my own. The general topical ingredients are along the same as what I have chosen, either vitamin e oils and anti cellulite creams or lotions, and with or without Epsom salts. 

So I have the following paraphernalia: 

What you see above is Vita Coca, extra virgin coconut oil, Garnier anti cellulite oil, a tub of Epsom salts, some cling film and a waist trimmer/back support. I got this from TK Max and I wear it at the gym usually to sweat more around my stomach area when doing cardio. I also have a tape measure and my electric blanket is on my bed, switched to high.  

So here's what I did so far..... 

1. Measured my waste. It's a disgusting 30 inches. Don't judge me. 
2. Applied a mixture of the two oils all over my bare tummy and back plus the top of my hips. I only used about a teaspoon of each. 
3. I then took a handful (say 2 teaspoons) of Epsom salts (you might want to put a towel down) and scrubbed it in circular motions around the same areas I applied the oils. My skin was slightly pink but not red, and a few granules remained. 
4. I began to wrap the cling film around and round my tummy and back. I held my stomach in to get this nice and tight. 
5. Once this was nice and tight and I had plenty on, a wrapped my waist trainer around over the top. 
6. Then I got under my blanket and put the tele on...... Will update tomorrow :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment